LAVENDER - (Lavandula angustifolia) is the most versatile of all essential oils. Therapeutic-grade lavender has been highly regarded for the skin. Lavender has been clinically evaluated for its relaxing effects. It may be
used to cleanse cuts, bruises and skin irritations. The fragrance is calming, relaxing and balancing -- physically and emotionally.
1. Rub on feet for calming.
2. Rub on your pillow to help you sleep.
3. Put a drop on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching & reduce swelling.
4. Put 2-3 drops on a minor burn to decrease pain.
5. Drop Lavender oil on a cut to stop the bleeding.
6. Mix several drops with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil and use topically on
eczema and dermatitis.
7. To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop on the end
of the tongue, around the naval or behind the ears.
8. Rub a drop over the bridge of the nose to unblock tear ducts.
9. Rub a drop of Lavender oil on chapped or sunburned lips.
10. Use Lavender oil for cold sores and mouth ulcers.
11. Minimize the formation of scar tissue, massage around affected area.
12. Rub 2 – 4 drops over the armpit area to act as a deodorant.
13. Put a drop between your palms and inhale deeply to help alleviate the
symptoms of hay fever.
14. Rub several drops of Lavender oil into scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
15. Place a few drops on a cotton ball and place in your linen closet to
scent the linens and repel moths and insects.
16. Diffuse Lavender oil to alleviate the symptoms of allergies.
17. Spritz several drops of Lavender oil mixed with distilled water on a
sunburn to decrease pain.
18. Drop Lavender oil on a cut to clean the wound and kill bacteria.
19. Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender to a rash to stop the itching and heal the skin.
20. Put Lavender in your lemonade.